How do I apply for housing?
You can pick up an application at our office located at 249 Milbank Avenue in Greenwich Monday through Friday 8:30am-4:30pm or you can request one to be mailed by calling us at (203)869-1138.
Are there any apartments available?
Apartments are leased as they become available which varies according to family composition. Applicants will be put on a waiting list.
How long is the waiting list?
Applicants are pulled from the waiting list according to the date and time of their completed application. The waiting list is also determined by the amount of applicants, the bedroom size required, and availability of the required bedroom size. The length of time will vary for each individual family.
Do you offer emergency housing?
No, HATG does not offer emergency assistance under any circumstances. All applicants are housed in order of the date and time of their completed application.
How old do I have to be to qualify for housing?
You must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for housing.
Do I have to live in Greenwich to apply?
What do I need to bring with my application?
Copies of the following are required in order to submit an application for housing:
- Birth Certificates for each family member.
- Social Security cards for each family member.
- If family members were not born in the United States, verification of citizenship or permanent residency (Green Card).
- Verification of current earnings of all family members, i.e. 4-6 current pay stubs or a letter from employer(s).
- Award letter(s) showing the amount of Social Security benefits, public assistance, pension, unemployment benefits, child support and alimony, as applicable.
- Copies of bank statements or other proof of assets.
How is the rent calculated?
Rent is based on 30% of the total household income with adjustments for medical expenses and child care.
How old do I have to be to apply for senior housing?
You have to be 62 years old at the time the application is submitted.
Can I apply for Section 8?
No, Section 8 is not open for application at the moment. Only Public Housing is open for application.
When will Section 8 be open?
It is undetermined when Section 8 will open again. When it is open it will be posted on the website as well as in the classified section of the Greenwich Time.